Lanigan Town Hall – 1909
The hall was considered to be quite a place as it housed the Dance Hall and Theater upstairs. It was built in 1909 and contained the morgue, jail, library, council chambers and fire hall – all downstairs.
It had a large bell on top which rang the curfew time (9:00 p.m.) each evening. There was a town policeman who saw to it that the curfew was enforced.
The Town Hall was torn down to make room for a new facility in the early ’50’s.
Lanigan – 1907
This picture was taken from the rooftop of the partially finished hotel, looking North.
- Roycroft and McGregor’s Hardware store
- Sisler and Tupper, general merchants
- Living quarters behind King’s general store
- Union Bank after they moved out of their tent
- Living quarters for Griffith and Campbell while their hotel was being built
- George Calvert’s drug store
Main Street Lanigan – 1910
Main Street Lanigan – 1917
Main Street Lanigan – 1964
Lanigan Railway Station
Lanigan Post Office – 1940